• Digital & Mixed Media Artist •

• Digital & Mixed Media Artist •

Sunflower

Sunflower

Friday, December 30, 2011

Time to Remember and a Happy New Year


Hello Everyone!
Hope you all Had a Wonderful Christmas
and Managing to Find some Time to Relax.
Here we are On News Years Adam
(As Uncle Jim would Say)
Getting ready for a Brand New Year!
I am still Trying to Figure out where 2011 went to!
 I have been Playing again with Table Dressing.
This one of Course if for News Years
but I really Wanted to make it about
Memories and
Remembering our Past.
 
These are All Collected Pieces of Mine.
All of the Things I Love.
Lace , Buttons, Old Photos, Books,
Bling, Clock and Watch Pieces
 I was Thinking about all the History here.
Each Picture ,each Piece of Jewelry or Lace.
The Keys the Pocket Watches all Tell a Story.


Was this Little Piece of Lace Part
of a Wedding Dress ...
Were These Buttons on a Beautiful Dress
or a Gentlemen s Waistcoat...
The Cameo Earrings and the Pearls...
Did they Belong to a Favorite Auntie..
Who's Grandchild is  this Little Sweetpea.. .




 I Love the History Here.

I used simple things Here to make up My Table.
Like the Items of my Centerpiece.
The Placemats are 2 Sheets
of Printed Cardstock.
The Horns were  bought at Target
and recovered with Sheet Music.
The Little Journal Book
I Found on Clearance after Christmas.
 I just repurposed  them with my Own Cover.
(There Was a Scarey Looking
Choir Boy on them Before...
 You Might Have seen them at ShopKo...) 
The Hats I made with
More Printed Images
on Cardstock .
I Traced a Party Hat to Make a Template.
A Roll of Black Crepe Paper Streamer
to Make my Ruffle.
I  Pleated it with my Fingers
 then Hot Glued it to my Hat
and the Watch face to make a Medallion.
(Hot Glueing was a Little Tricky with the Fingers.
I did it that way just Because I was Pinched for Time.
You Might Have a Better Method!) 


Hope you Enjoy my Little Bit of Whimsy!
Have a Wonderful New Years and
My Hope for you all
is you that you
are Blessed with
 All You Hold Dear
through out this
Brand New Year!
Hugs Jill
I am Joining
 
Also Thank You to Sherry
from The Charm of Home
Also Thank You  Kathleen
From Faded Charm
for White Wednesday

Photobucket

22 comments:

Jen said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love all of the little vignettes you created with the cloches! LOVE! I will defiantley be "pinning" some to Pinterest!! Thanks for sharing!

Debbie said...

Wow, what a beautiful setting!!!
Everything is so sweet and I love the story that each piece tells!!
Have a great New Year!!
Thanks for sharing so much of yourself and your talents this past year. I have so enjoyed getting to know you.

xoxo
Debbie

Daniele said...

omg what a wonderfully set table so much to look at, your guests are so lucky to be invited to such an inspirational home
Have a wonderful New Year
hugs

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow so beautiful Jill. Love it.

Wishing you a healthy, happy, and joyous New Year! I look forward to more of your beautiful creations in 2012! xoxo

kokon Home said...

My wishes for you in year 2012
Great start for Jan,
Love for Feb,
Peace for march,
No worries for April
Fun for May,
Joy for June to Nov,
Happiness for Dec.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Dear Jill,
your vignettes are beautiful. Love them all.
Have the most wonderful 2012.
Sending hugs my friend,
Marie

Cindy Adkins said...

OH MY GOSH, This is THE most gorgeous post--WOW!!!
What a magnificent table setting--it's spectacular. Wishing you the Happiest New Year ever!!!
XO
Cindy

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

Lovely Blog! I am a new follower.

Sheila A. said...

Gorgeous post!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Wow! Your table is amazing with all the gorgeous eye candy. I love all the buttons, buckles, clocks, and photographs. Very well done!
I hope you and your family have a wonderful 2012.

Wendy Aspinall said...

I hated, hated putting away my tin... (sob sob) I wish I could kept it out all year BUT then byron said How nice it will be to pull it out each year... Boy that boy is clever... I'm loving the table it all looks so wonderful.. Jill ... happy new year ..I hope you are ready for all the fun swaps i have planned??? hugs wendy

JoAnne said...

Oh so gorgeous!!! Happy New Year Jill!

Sharing with Sherri said...

Love your blog... So many pretty and interesting things! I'm a new follower.

Anonymous said...

Your table setting is so enchanting! I love the way you have turned a table top into a journey from the past. Well done, my dear friend. May your new year be filled with all you wish for.

Jennelise said...

What gorgeous photos! So many keepsakes! I know what you mean about the year disappearing :) I hope the next one brings you much happiness!
Jennelise

Terri said...

Oh yes! You caught my imagination! I love what you have done here to create such an atmosphere! Wow! What a glorious way to celebrate!
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Terri

Eva's blog said...

Happy New Year!!! Best wishes for 2012 from Greece!

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Oh my goodness Miss Jill, your table setting is Absolutely Gorgeous!! Every detail is so very beautiful! I just Love all of your vintage treasures and how you have displayed them, it is all just simply breathtaking!
Wishing you the Happiest of New Year's Dear Jill!
Hugs,
Carol Anne

suziqu's thread works said...

Dear Sweet Jill
Your table vignettes are absolutely gorgeous! You have such an eye for arranging your treasures so beautifully just like everything else here on your blog.
I'd love to sit and have a meal with you anytime at that table!!!!
Wishing you a New Year full of abundant inspirational creativity with love and joy in your heart.
Big hugs,
Suzy

Lorraine said...

Oh, wow, your tablescape is gorgeous! Love how you included references to times past. Happy New Year!

Charlene said...

Jill, your table is lovely!!! I would have loved ringing in the New Year with you STUNNING as always sweet friend. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! You bring me such joy! I can't wait to see what the New Year holds with you & your creations! HUGS!
Charlene

The Charm of Home said...

Jill,
What a fantastic setting for your New Years table.
Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails