• Digital & Mixed Media Artist •

• Digital & Mixed Media Artist •

Sunflower

Sunflower

Thursday, September 15, 2011

~The Secret Garden~

 
I have been in the Studio Creating Again 
and I am Glad to be Back !
When my Kids are Home 
I find 
I want to Hang out with them 
so my Studio Work goes on the Back Burner.
This is there first week back to school.
So Many Ideas! So Little Time!
This is a Little Book I Created for a 
Very Sassy New Friend!
This is My Thank you Gift 
for the one thing I managed
to Squeek in this Summer.
A Mixed Media Artist Supply Swap 
With Paper Whimsy!
This is there Very Least I could Do for her
with the Wonderful Package She Sent me!
It is Like Having Your Best Girlfriend 
Sending you all the Things 
You Love and Adore!
She was Very Generous and Kind!
We were suppose to make a ATC Thank You..
 Well you know I can never turn down
a Chance to have fun!!
 
 I cut out ATC size pieces of watercolor paper
and glued a length of ribbon to create my Hinges.
Next I layered my Images on each pages over the Ribbon.
I Think that next time I would go Ahead and Glue All of the Ribbon 
to the Watercolor Pages First. Then Assemble the Book. 
I think it be easier  then the Way I did it!
~Ethereal Beauty~
I made a Little Envelope Pouch to send it in!
I Had So Much Fun Making this!
I Hope She Enjoys it.....
even if it is late getting to her.
Have a Wonderful Weekend Everyone!
Photobucket

15 comments:

Sandra Foster said...

Love it - oh so nice. You have inspired me. Sandra

Jann said...

The book is absolutely gorgeous--and the little envelope pouch so sweet--your friend is very lucky, and I'm sure she will LOVE these!

ShabbyChicShaz said...

your little book is so sweet and lovely together with it's gorgeous pouch :)

Cheryl said...

A stunning little book and a beautiful pouch.... your friend is so lucky that is so lovley! Very well done!

suziqu's thread works said...

Special friends are worthy of receiving special gifts and what a joy it will be to receive this little keepsake of a Secret Garden. It is just gorgeous Jill - so beautifully created!
Thank you so much for posting my Giveaway on your sidebar too - that was such a sweet thing to do.
I'm wishing you luck!
Love and hugs,
Suzy

Wendy Aspinall said...

Miss Jimm it is beautiful the images just fit perfectly... and the added purse to sent it in darling... being one of your luckly friends i know she is going to love it... hugs wendy and have a great weekend

Wendy Aspinall said...

I'm typing quickly i need to fetch B... sorry That should say Jill not Jimm or maybe I found Lemay bottle LOL

Charlene said...

Jill, A JOB WELL DONE! As always your work is stunning & I know she will be thrilled to have a piece of ART created by your precious hands & creative heart! AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend & enjoy your "ME" time. HUGS!
Charlene

Anonymous said...

This booklet is so stunning! Your friend is very lucky to receive such a heartfelt and elegant gift.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Absolutely gorgeous,Jill and the pouch is to die for!! I'm sure yyour friend will love it.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Rose M. Rodriguez said...

Hello, I admire your beautiful work! Being here is magic, as my niece, who first discovered his blog and still THROUGH of mine! when on the Internet, open your page just to hear his beautiful music that does not know who it is. Even my husband and my children are relaxed with just listening from afar. I love your creations, fabulous! Rose Marie

Jilly said...

The book is absolutely gorgeous and the little envelope pouch so sweet. Your friend is very lucky, and I'm sure she will receive it with the sweet smile.
gifts for boys

Charlene said...

Hey sweetie!!! Hope you are doing well. I just posted about my treasures from you & LeMay. Sorry it's been so long coming. Life has been CRAZY! But, I wanted to thank you properly. YOU are soooooooooooo good to me. I'm missin you so it might be time for another phone call so we can catch up! MANY HUGS!!!! Charlene

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Miss Jill,
Oh my, I so LOVE your book and envelope you created, both are Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Your friend must have been so thrilled to receive your very loving gift!! I'm so sorry I have not been by for a visit in a while, when I get home from Jeff's shop I am completely smashed...oh dear, I guess I really am getting old! :)
Hope you are doing well and are having beautiful & cool Autumn days now my friend!
With Love & Big Hugs,
Carol Anne

Gale Blair said...

Wow... Jill, your atc book is just wonderful and the pocket for storing it is sublime. Lucky girl, she.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails